Sunday, May 18, 2014

Brighter Than The Sun

There's no denying that Spring is definitely upon us meaning summer is right around the corner and I couldn't be more excited. I hate wearing pants and finally I can let my legs free. Don't get nasty on me now. I just really prefer wearing shorts, skirts, and dresses than constricting pants (unless they are sweatpants though). In order to not waste this beautiful spring day, my friends and I decided to have brunch in our favorite spot in Brooklyn - Iris Cafe.


The Iris Cafe is a hidden gem located in Columbia Place. It's so hidden that you would definitely pass it the first time around because they don't even have a sign outside. They are known for their avocado toast which is to die for. I am not kidding. For something so simple as avocado on toast, they make is taste so much more. I'm not exactly sure what else they put on it but I'm think it's not legal because it is just too dang good. 

Kir Royale, Avocado Toast, and French Toast
After filling ourselves with good food, we decided to walk around my gorgeous neighborhood and even ride around in CitiBikes. Now, I'm not the best bike rider so this was tough. I almost fell so many times and I still have my bruise from last week to prove how hard it is. Actually...getting a bike was hard too. I had to get a new code five times because the code they were giving me was not working. I would definitely ride a bike around my neighborhood again but not a CitiBike. I don't think I would have the patience to try and get a bike again from them. 


If I were to choose between biking or walking, I would choose walking. Yep. I prefer to walk because I feel like I get to appreciate my surroundings more when I walk. I get to stop and smell the roses. I get to notice how the leaves fall and how the vines stick on the walls of houses. When I bike, I need to concentrate on not falling and getting hit by a car. If I biked, I probably would not have noticed this lovely stoop and how much I want one for myself. 

Outfit Details: Lace Dress - H&M, Trench Coat - J. Crew, Flats - Tory Burch, Fringe Bag- Brandy & Melville
Accessories Details: Watch - Tag Heuer (from my mum), Bracelet - Henri Bendel (from my brother)

From brunching to biking, I'm glad I did not waste this beautiful day by just staying in bed which I have been doing a lot lately. I can't help it. My bed is my safe haven. Even my friend complimented on how comfortable it is.

On a final note, doesn't this red post remind you of a telephone booth in England? God, I miss it so much. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment