Sunday, September 29, 2013

No Sleep 'til Brooklyn


Everytime I think about leaving the beautiful island of Manhattan, I get a little apprehensive. Everything that I could ever want and ask for is here. Or is it? As much as I love the hustle and bustle of the city, I have to admit that I'm a little bit of a homebody. I like staying in. I like sleeping late and reading a good book with a cup of tea. I like the quiet (though not as quiet as the suburbs. I can't really stand that much silence.). As my lease ends soon, I figure it might be time for a change of scenery and two of the places that I've been looking at are Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO.



Those two places are just one subway stop away from Manhattan and It's amazing how just one subway stop can change everything. As soon as you get out of the station, you will notice the big difference right away. It's cleaner, quieter, friendlier, bigger (in terms of space meaning it's not as cramped), cheaper and...if I do say so myself...more beautiful. Walking down Montague street reminded me of Newbury street in Boston. Both streets are wonderfully lined with trees and walk ups adding to the beauty of it. Not to mention, both are also clustered with cute little cafes, diners, and boutiques more so in Montague because Newbury is becoming more commercialized. 

Again, thinking about leaving Manhattan make me a little bit apprehensive because I feel like any place outside it is the middle of nowhere. I can't help it. Manhattan spoiled me. Where else can you find a pizza place open 24/7? Where else can you find a bar that closes at 4am? (I'm talking to you San Diego, Boston, and London.) Manhattan. That's where. But as I walked around Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO, I started feeling a little less apprehensive. If ever I need the places I just mentioned above, I can always find it one subway stop away right? And there might be places like those too where I will be living. It's time to give the heights a chance and just go for it.




With that said, Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO have definitely moved to the top of my list and I am even more excited now to move and start anew. Hopefully I will be able to find something reasonable but for now I have these photos to keep me dreaming.




No comments:

Post a Comment