Sunday, July 14, 2013

Scentational

For the past couple of years, I've been searching for the right perfume to make it my signature. I would try some samples and roll-ons of various perfumes but nothing would really stick to me. Nothing ever made me want to get it again and keep using it. Recently, I thought I found the one but then decided against it. Even though it smelled really divine and reminded me of the beach, it just wasn’t me. Besides, Christian Dior once said, “A women’s perfume tells more about her than her handwriting.”  I want a perfume that would describe who I am without being to overpowering. I want it to compliment me and not take over. Fortunately as I was doing errands for my mother, I stumbled upon a Jo Malone store and it was there where I finally found the one.


I tried on 4 different scents before I finally found the scent that really lingered on me. At first I was a bit hesitant because it did not smell like the usual scents that I would wear. I usually wear something more spicy and woodsy. I don’t really like anything floral and citrusy. In fact, as ironic as it is, I don’t like scents that smell too.....feminine. There was even a year wherein I wore a men’s perfume! However, I figured a woodsy scent would not be as appropriate to wear during the daytime and I really wanted something light and crisp, which is exactly how I would describe the Earl Grey and Cucumber cologne in Jo Malone.


Jo Malone divides their scents into 6 different categories and I found this particular cologne under the citrus category. Even though it was in the citrus category, I could not really detect an overpowering citrus smell. Maybe my nose is not as sophisticated to detect these things but I could only smell a slight hint of vanilla, cucumber, and heavy musk. It smelled light, airy, and clean without being soapy. Even after I left the store and was walking under the hot sun, I could still smell it on my skin. I knew then and there that I had to go get it so I walked all the way to 59th street from 42nd to finally get the scent I’ve been longing for all this time.


I feel very optimistic about this scent and so I hope it doesn’t let me down. I only got the 30ml one so we’ll see if it will really last. Jo Malone has not failed me yet (I got a small candle from there last summer so my dorm room won’t smell) and so the odds are in their favor.




P.S. Sorry not sorry. I just had to say/write that last part.

No comments:

Post a Comment