Sunday, May 5, 2013

LDN: J'adore Dior!

Deanne writes...

I am in the middle of finishing my first project for the college. Somehow I can't believe it has materialized! I spent the past two weeks researching and writing about Dior, from its beginnings in 1947 to the present. I have analyzed three of their designers and their key collections, looked at their history and development as a brand. I can't wait to share it!

While Google searching for images I could include, I came across this one...


It's Marion Cotillard on the cover of Dior magazine's very first issue and she's wearing the ORIGINAL Bar jacket and skirt designed by Dior in 1947.  She's so lucky! And by the way, it's a beautiful cover. It's so simple but it speaks volumes about what the House of Dior stands for. Which, in my opinion, got a bit blurred during Galliano's tenure. I'm so glad Simons is at the helm now. More of that in my website... coming soon.

Xx

Image from Fashion Copius

No comments:

Post a Comment