Monday, November 7, 2011

Skin Routine

When I was in the seventh grade, I had the serious case of acne. I’m not exaggerating. I had pimples all over my face. It was bad enough that I had to go to the dermatologist and get special medicine. Fortunately as I grew up, my acne became less drastic but that experience definitely traumatized me. I vowed to take care of my skin better and so I have developed a skin care routine that seems to work.

I became very meticulous about my facial skin care and I make sure that I follow my routine everyday and every night wherever I am. Whenever I go out of town or even just sleepover my friends' houses, they always make fun of me for bringing lots of toiletries. I always pack way more than I need and they tease me that I bring my “whole bathroom” with me. I guess I got it from my mom too. If you go to my parent’s bathroom, my mom’s bathroom counter is full of products. She taught me to take care of my skin especially my face and slowly but surely my bathroom counter is starting to look like hers.

First up is my facial wash. I tried different kinds and brands but I think I’m sticking to Ponds Pure White for now on. Whenever I use it, I can feel all the dirt get sucked out of my skin because of the carbon infused in the facial foam. I use it whenever I don’t feel lazy to wash my face. Lol.

Next is toner and moisturizers. I’m currently using Mario Badescu for my toner ever since I started going to him for facials. I only use my toner every morning or after I wash my make up off because I learned that using toners often tends to dry up the skin. After I use my toner (or not), I use the Ultra Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15 from Keihl’s every morning and the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel every night to really seal in the moisture especially now that’s exceptionally cold in New York.

As for my eyes, I recently just started using Clarins Eye Contour Gel. I used to use something else but it didn’t seem to be working and so I decided to try this one. I don’t know what to think about this one yet. It hasn’t been a month so we’ll see. Hopefully it does what it’s supposed to do.

Lastly, as much as I want to eliminate my acne completely, I can’t. Mother Nature seems to be in control of that one so whenever they pop up (literally), I use Clean and Clear Persa-Gel 10 maximum strength. I found out about this through a friend and ever since then, I swear by this product. I put it on my pimple and overnight, my pimple dries up. I love it. It saves my life every single time.

In the end, you may take it against me or not, I take pride in my skin care routine. I’m not blessed with gorgeous skin so I need to take care of it all the more if I want to keep it clean and clear. It may seem like it’s a lot of work but it’s worth seeing how much my skin has improved since my seventh grade days. Besides, your skin is your first defense against anything else. Why not take care of it as much as it takes care of you?



K

P.S. Does that even make sense? Lol sorry. I'm sick. Boo. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment